Monday, September 12, 2011

secret lives of rockers.



I had an epiphany over Memorial day weekend.. while me and my brother were attending Bumbershoot, Seattle's biggest music festival.

Rockstars.. rockstars rockstars rockstars. Everywhere.

All I could think is, I wanna be a rockstar!!

Not in the way you think. I don't want to trash hotel rooms and dance wildly across the stage.. well, I do.. but what I really want is to be incredibly good at what I do. To be so good. that I am a rockstar at it. 

I'll never forget what one of my friends Jon-Michael told me. Shhhhh.. don't tell anyone else. He is pretty conservative. Super fun and kind hearted. But on stage! he is like an animal. He gives the audience exactly what they want. What they expect. The fantasy they want to experience. 

What if you could be a rock star? What if you could live that life?

But under that facade. Rockstars are truly rockstars. They are all the things that refined people are. People at the top of their field. They are true and extraordinary professionals. To do at anything at that level you have to be. There are no short cuts, like rockstars would make you believe. They are highly honed and motivated individuals. 


They get things done. They make things happen. They show up, they follow through. They entertain.. they are accurate and on time. They preserve.. they conquer. They are like CEO's that are required to have awesome hair and play guitar like a mofo. 

That sounds like the kind of professional I wanna be!

Their job description requires them to sell the fantasy. The fantasy of being a rocker. 

That is something I have never seen a film director do…
Couldn't a director be that bold? Wouldn't that be interesting? Wouldn't that sell?

I wanna be the director that sells the fantasy. I want to be the slickest, craziest most awesome rockstar professional of film you may ever meet.


No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>