Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Paris, Je t'aime

A week ago I was in Paris.

My friend Emily and I decided on a slight whim a couple months ago and shortly after my mom passed away, that we wanted to go to the city of light.

Two years ago at Christmas time, my brother and I were there but only for a short three days. While gazing at the Eiffel Tower I bought a small 9-ish inch replica from a street vendor for 10 euro. (Probably overpriced)

But I bought that Eiffel Tower to remind me that Paris will always be there and I can always go back. I bought it because every time I travel its like taking a breath of fresh air and a reminder that life is amazing.

So this time when we went back, I tried to embrace it the same way and I am trying to hold on to that feel as long as I can.










I don't think its magical because its Paris or because its France. Its magical because it is foreign and it is different and it makes you realized that there are other people out there living parallel lives with the same goals but doing it in a completely different way. Not better, not worse but fantastically different and you get to immerse yourself in it for a little while.

I am already planning my next trip!!

In no specific order:

Hawaii in February
Argentina, Boliva, Peru, and Chile
Japan
Thailand, Myanmar
India & Nepal
Rome, Greece, Turkey
Iceland
Norway and Sweden,
Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Russia
Czech Republic & Croatia
Germany at Christmas
Spain & Morocco
Australia & New Zealand  
Interior of China
Roadtrip through Wales, Scotland and Ireland

You're gonna have to hold me back!!

My attempt at conveying my emotional attachment to the WORLD:

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>