Thursday, May 6, 2010

30 Days of Jesus // RECAP

lollipop native american from
Stone Mt., GA!

gosh.
I guess I can't get away from concluding on my 30 days of Jesus.

Here are the conclusions I came to:

1. you cannot and should not preach your faith. who cares?
you gotta live it

2. only accept real love. only give real love.

"
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

"
-Shakespeare

3. it is much more important to be honest then to be liked.

4. I have anxiety issues I need to work out. I will work them out instead of:
a. drinking them away
b. sexing them away
all of which are somewhat tempting to me.

5. focusing on God has to be at your core. trying to fix the symptoms of hurt ALWAYS will fail. you need to dig deep and rip it out at the root.

6. God and life, in reality, is so unrealistically hard. but it is a ideal worth striving for.

although it is hard to desire it, it is easy to desire its potential, which I hope for. it is at least easy to step out on that path towards it.

Heaven has, for a lot people, become bull shit.
Heaven has been twisted.
Heaven has been used to manipulate the faithful.

Heaven will be amazing
but if you don't want heaven NOW on earth, heaven will be your hell.

7. What you want and what you need are totally different. If you get just what you want, it is and always will be empty. If you get what you need, which will sometimes hurt and is usually harder, you will be filled.

I'd have to say that of all things in my life I needed what happened to me over the last 6 months but I would have never, never, never asked for it. Why would you ask for such hard things?

but how do you become an amazing and strong person?
everyone wants to be one, right?

amazing and strong people do not just appear. they are strong because they have been made strong. they have experienced extreme strength because they have faced something equally as extreme in their life and chose victory! so rejoice in those things that you face that are hard, because you will be more and more amazing for facing it. that is when you are getting what you need. because of who you now will be. and sometimes strengthened faith in the God that you serve.


"
So if you wanna be with me
With these things there's no telling
We'll just have to wait and see
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery

"
-Bright Eyes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

"
You must be strong with love, which is stronger than death

"
-Pope John Paul the II


1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Holy smokes. I feel like I just got punched. In a good way. This is good. Way to get all open and honest, no-mercy style.

um... new looks <O> <O>