Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer of Seventeen


So I wrapped up my 30 days of Jesus.
Chose Jesus and now I am following through on the that decision.

Now for a new project! (rubbing my hands together furiously)

I decide that, since I am stuck here in ole Chattanoogy, that I would write some stories. After all, filmmaking is storytelling. 17 scripts in 17 weeks.

Step 1.
I have issues with clarity, especially scripts.
First, I will write out the story in a short creative story form.

Step 2.
Write out the script.
Dialogue, action, description.
Tell the stories of my time in Chattanooga. My culture shock from Seattle to the great ole South.

Lets make the myths of this place. This generation. Lets fill them up with truth, as far as that goes, as far as the truth of our perceptions and points of view will let us.
Lets be subjective for a while, and not apologize for it.
Lets eviscerate people in fiction and get out the things that have dwelled in our minds so long.
Lets say something that people have felt but would never talk about.
Let speak truth, even if it sucks, even if it is not idealistic, because truth never is.
Let show joy and moments between the moments that truly make up life.
Lets show beauty in the small things so that people can live variously through their own lives, and realize that they could just live them like that.
Let show the beauty in the spirit of the law, the spirit of love, and the spirit of joy and not the letter of it.

thats what filmmaking is all about


Untitled from vincent moon / temporary areas on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

Basically. I resonate completely with how you describe what filmmaking should be. Maybe I'll write stories this summer too...

Kristopher Haughton said...

i do hope you share them! :]

um... new looks <O> <O>