Wednesday, February 9, 2011

a few thoughts.

There are two perspectives that I have encountered. One, and the biggest one is that Christians have the ultimate truth and they need to tell the world about it.

The other is mine, which wishes to have the world teach me what is truly good. Those little moments that are truly and honestly beautiful is where you find good for good's sake. Not by the rule book but by it standing in the harsh light of what really really just is. truth.

I think that telling life how it is, is more compelling. Showing characters where they are at.
I think good film should be a vulnerable exercise in doubt.
A willingness to paint something more honest than faith but still be able to see the value of that ideal.

3 comments:

Nicholas said...

Concur. But worthy of discussion.

Marja said...

sorry if that was an unbalanced comment on life. I was thinking about it in the moment and decided to just write. that is what came out....
but it is a thing to ponder and discuss

Nicholas said...

Don't get apologetic. I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm saying those are good thoughts that I generally agree with.

um... new looks <O> <O>