Friday, June 11, 2010

Seattle is a good lover.

why the NW is the best?

because while the rest of the nation thinks in their boxes the Northwest's box is that we think in none. While the rest of the country is fun for a visit because of the perspectives and ways of thinking that are fun to explore, I will eternally be drawn to the Northwest because I can think clearly while I'm there. I can be liberal and challenge arrogance and faulty thought, yet I can feel joy and liberation in the rich context of tradition, that is where we come from and where we draw wisdom from. Maybe I am bias, having lived in the Seattle area for most of my young life, but when I am there I am free to be myself, which is just as good and just as amazing as having a good lover.

best view in Seattle




View Larger Map
Things you believe are a combination of beliefs AND what you want for yourself.

I don't believe that sex before marriage is evil. In fact, I know many men and women that have enjoyed it and have no regrets. But what I want for myself is different. When I think about it, and really say what I really want, I only want to be with one person. I want to sexually bond to them and have no baggage. I also believe that if he can wait for me then he will be able to withstand any temptation from others. And I know that if I can give my whole heart to them there will be no scars to work through and I will be free to love him completely. So, I will wait for ME and the one I will love. But at the same time, since my core values aren't rooted in marriage, I will make the decision based off when I trust and love someone and know we are committed. ((Although, I think part of that might be someone being able to want to commit with me in a marriage relationship.)) This is why it is hard to judge a symptom, because it says nothing about what it going on in the heart. My beliefs are based off of what creates the greatest true and deep love, but what I want for myself is the degree of ideal love that I am okay with. Realistically I don't need the ideal, but I strive for it, so that I don't betray my deepest beliefs or allow others to trample them. You get what you work for and the amount and depth of love you glean from others says a lot about you as well and what you give to the one you love.

So consider those two things..

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Who do you want to be?
What do you really, really want?
What are your priorities and what does that say about you?
Your decisions reflect what you value.

No matter what another says and no matter what they try to make you want or believe, the decisions you make are what you will have to live with, and they truly paint the picture of who you are.

Decisions people make might not reflect on whether they are good or bad people. But they definitely reflect on what they value. Sometimes one person's evil is just another person's pure shallowness or stupidity. They just don't care or want something better.

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?
Humans are more than a ball of emotions. We make decisions because of something higher that we know is better in the long run. We have the ability to create a future for ourselves in the present. That is partially based off the truths we believe that keep us from our animal instincts. They are separate and profound. At the same time they are tempered by a sense of moderation and realistic world application. Not everything we strive for can be boxed up in a perfect package.

When you are being honest with yourself, what do you truly believe?
Why and when would you ever betray that?

Think about someone you dislike a lot. Would you betray your deepest beliefs for them?
Apply that decision to anyone you meet in the future. Through your honesty with yourself you can trust your decisions.
No matter how much you like them, if they don't respect you, you are disrespecting yourself and hurting yourself to compromise. That will affect them none, but might define you.

Through respect comes love and through honesty comes trust. Through both comes the best relationships. ((don't let anyone make you believe you otherwise))

And really, life is all about relationships…

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>