Tuesday, November 30, 2010

conquerors!

I was think today
about how much value I find in others.

Last night I was talking with my boss and he had many
encouraging and kind words about my work
plus strategies I should pursue to make my career dreams blossom.
He sees more in me then I did in that moment. But through
his eyes I started to see someone who could really become something.

A defense mechanism I have always used is to put my expectations of myself
low. To demoralize my efforts as an effort to look alright if I fail.
I've now been told twice how immature that is.
Thinking that way is just as annoying to others as acting puffed up and over confident.

People want you to seize the moment, to claim it and know that you can
be counted on to rock it! Faith in yourself that you are that person who can
do it better than anyone else! Not for yourself but for objective awesomeness!

Faith: belief that is not based on proof

Sometimes I think that we need a little faith in ourselves.

I started to believe in myself again. I started to feel strong in my
abilities. Feeling strong in having a contribution to the world.
Its not so much that my self-value is locked in money or fame
but its locked in contributing something and others seeing it
as valuable.

I started to think. Why did I have to wait for permission to feel this way?
Why do I feel miserable and like a failure if others don't obviously affirm it and see it as worthy?

As soon as I heard it from someone else's lips, I felt like I could
conquer the world!

Action starts with belief and I think that sometimes that only I have cut myself down.
right out of the gate I don't believe or have faith.

The world wants people who are confident.
The world wants people who are strong.
The world wants people who don't blend in. who are different.
The world wants people who are courageous.
The world wants people who know what they rock at and run with it!
Passionately and without looking back.
Without second guessing
And without remorse or self-deprecation!

Don't be arrogant people!
But know what you are good at and hold your head up high doing it.
Sure you may not be good at somethings, and that will keep you humble
enough..
but for God's sake!! run with the things that you are amazing at and conquer!

go forth and rock, my friends!!!


No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>