Monday, March 15, 2010

my alter egos

Gustav Klimt's Judith. Nothing is so stark and so fierce as a bare breasted female. right? That is why Delacroix painted his lady liberty that way.. Because a woman can be such a symbol of strength of spirit and yet so vulnerable at the same time. I always envied this Klimt lady. She stands so proud but from such a position of venerability.

Madame X surely turned heads after Sargent painted her. She was so risque. Now we laugh. So mild. So tame. But I tell you I saw this lady twice. Once she traveled to the Seattle Art Museum, when I was in elementary school and my mother took me to the show. Even then, my inpatient and squirmy brain was compelled to stare into her eyes just a little bit longer than all the others.
The second time, I was in New York City, I turned a corner of the MET and there she was, like an old friend. I tell you, photos do not do this lady justice. She is suave, she is poised. She is a woman.


((snapped this with my camera phone, when confronted with her the second time))


MARY PICKFORD. queen of the silent cinema, and now facing someone twice her size. Women with balls.. women with balls.

AND YES...
this gal
she is hilarious.
and ambitious beyond belief




((parting music))








Get Flash now!


In order to listen or view this content you will have to upgrade your version of Flash.









No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>