Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So! I am working on my Spring cover album!
and getting up enough courage to do some open mics!!!

Here is my list so far:

Umbrella
Just breathe
Borderline
Like a Stone
The smiths song

YES I know. super descriptive.

I think I am going to name it KARAOKE
very appropriate. its kind of morphed from pop songs to "songs that you would expect from a singer-songwriter.

Anyways..
consequently, I have been learning a song by Pearl Jam called "Just Breathe"

I am baffled by Edder Vedder. How are his inflections just right to make the song come alive. I tried an tried to match it with my recording and no dice. Maybe it will happen... maybe not. He is amazing though...

You know I noticed something about myself. I tend to "look over fences". Never satisfied with playing in my own yard, I always yearn to be doing what people are doing their own........ missing big opportunities to be awesome in and of myself. The grass is always greener. I get so into watching and trying to force myself into being a part of someone else's stuff that I forget that I could be doing something awesome of my own... and if I did maybe other people would start looking over the fence and wanting to be a part of what I am doing... I guess sometimes I tend to think that I can't go do stuff if I don't have a boyfriend or a friend or... I don't know why I keep holding myself back. I want to make my stuff so compelling that it draws people to me, they ACTUALLY WANT TO be my boyfriend... friend.. collaborator..

So enough of wishing others would make something I like. I'm going to make it myself!
We shall see.

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

I can do Umbrella. It's a winner.

um... new looks <O> <O>