Wednesday, July 28, 2010

hey!


Today we wrapped early on the set of our new location! Its an amazing goth synagogue.. the first gothic synagogue in New York City apparently.. Currently, however, it has been taken over by a local artist/sculptor! He turned the whole place into a studio.. which to me is just as sacred. The place is amazing and all lit and dressed to impress.

In basement is his workshop and some of his pieces. The building stands in the Lower East Side which is an artsy-ish part of town.. Inside we are shooting an enormous vampire fight scene.. the last battle. It is six pages long which will cover 6 minutes of playtime.. if most film's shooting ratio is 10 to 1 then we will shoot approximately 60 minutes of footage over the three days that we will be there.

The president was in town apparently.. because they shut down all of Houston Street for his parade of entourage. Didn't see him though.. unfortunately..
We at at Katz Delicatessen, where, apparently, the famous orgasm scene from "when harry met sally" was filmed. They had a sign where the table stood. The place was grungy and filled from top to bottom with chairs and tables. The walls covered with photos of the owner with tons and tons of famous people. It felt like a place you should shoot a movie. It had a certain vibe.. a NYC vibe. This has all been such a glorious experience. I really like NYC.. maybe not for a life time, but the place has so much to teach you. In a brief moment you can meet a hundred completely different people and hear their story and know their lives and have their experience at it. I love it.

I've been so scared to be in relationship. For a long time. Years. I either was scared of how much I liked a guy and how much he could hurt me or he smothered me and a ran away. My friend, Ben Norkov just moved to the city and I really trust him. He's cool too.. haha We have decided to paint the town while I'm here. Be lovers. haha Date. So I can learn how. How to trust someone. How to communicate. How to know what I need.. how to take care of someone. Never thought I could have a go with an atheist but! hey! compatibility is mostly about being able to respect and care about someone and learning enough about yourself to know where the line is on your own self respect. And more importantly to enjoy, enrich each other's existence and have fun. Galleries! Art Museums! Resturants! Central Park! Wherever the wind blows and my 12 hour day will allow : )

{{{{{{{

found this in a Edward Hopper book on set. production design!!

}}}}}}

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>