Friday, July 16, 2010

shooting DAY 6 //


So today will be the sixth day of shooting on Vamperifica and I am starting to get the idea that we are working on a film that will not have an overarching moral or good point. But! I does appear to be funny and the acting is good. I'm finding the the script did play weird because I wasn't taking into account that fact that the main vampire character is gay! haha It plays a lot better like that, believe it or not.

The other day we did the murder scene for one of the scumming bad guys in the film and it was a fight scene so there was some rigging in play.. although it was ghetto rigging because of our small budget. The bad guy come in from a night of drinking and the vampire is waiting for him.. he taunts him at first and then grabs him by the neck and throws him into a table. Then he grabs him by the neck again and hold him up to the ceiling. After he pulls him down from the ceiling he throws his head into a refrigerator. The fight scene goes on a little longer and finishes out the scene in about 3 or so pages. 

We had not only a stunt coordinator on set but also a stunt rigger. The stunt coordinator taught both characters the logistics of the moves they both had to accomplish. The throw through the table was crazy and slightly scary. We had two break away tables that were supposed to break as he collided with them. Because of the shot we couldn't have any padding underneath the actor, so instead he wore padding underneath his clothes to break the fall. The first time that he did it, he ripped straight through the table and went right into acting.. but apparently the acting was so real that I thought he was really hurt.. after all it looked crazy! For a hot second I was terrified that we had broken our actor, but when the director yelled cut he got up and acted like nothing was the matter. It looked golden though.. props to the production design team ha ha ha ((no pun intended)). 

On the shot up to Carmen (the vampire character) holding him up to the ceiling with one hand the stunt rigger had to come and rig a line in the ceiling to hold the bad guy (Al) up close to the ceiling and make it appear as if Carmen was.. ((which is something he obviously couldn't do in real life.)) the harness was hidden under Al's clothes and invisibly held him up to the ceiling's lowest beam with a wire rigged to it. 

Hopefully, on screen, all this stuff will appear awesome. It sucked for me because we ran two cameras throughout the coverage of the fight scene, so I had to mark for both cameras. On higher budget films, I'm sure that they have two slates and two ACs that are marking for the cameras but instead I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. 

anyways, homies. I am feeling rather stupid and tired from night shoots so I hope you will forgive me for not waxing eloquently and not telling you much but I will write again.

love
love
SAHALE

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>