Saturday, December 4, 2010

two new.

I've seemly-ing broken into this year with very little new music, and now at the end I am discovering all the good music of the year.

Two new bands that I just got to listen at top volume in my car are:

GLASSER which is the code name for Cameron Mesirow, who was inspired by "a midnight vision of a figure hovering over water."
I don't really know how to describe it, but if you liked the tunes of School of Seven Bells you love Ms. Mesirow.

Check out these two songs from her new album apply.
I think its like if Le Loup and Anne Clark had a baby.



+++++


=======




Then recently I hit across a band that is not totally the type of sound I am used to being into. Its kind of a fusion album is headed up by Daniel Lanios, who is a well know album producer who has produced the work of artists such as Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel, Emmylou Harris, and Willie Nelson. He is best know for his collaboration with Brian Eno for a lot of the U2 albums including The Joshua Tree.
The other half of the band is vocalist, Trixie Whitley, who is daughter of Chris Whitley an American blues singer songwriter and guitarist.

I can't believe Trixie Whitley is white. That is all I have to say. In fact, I didn't know she was white until I researched her for this article. Check out this performance..
The band is called Black Dub.

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>