Thursday, February 11, 2010

film



I see a lot of film on my horizon..!

I've been worried and worried about my future. It seems like I always had a plan, a door that would lead to the next opportunity, but lately I had, had no idea what to do with myself. Now, I feel like I am getting back on track.. at least with opportunities.

GRADUATE SCHOOL

--grad school is up in the air because I don't want to be in debt when I get out. A mentor and acquaintance filmmaker, Mr. Mike Ott, suggested I check out Cal Arts. They are known to be very liberal and they also give degrees in dance, writing, fine art, and experimental animation. They also are outside of LA a little, giving some space and room to breath. The only problem is the price tag: $35,000 a year.

MAKEWORK

--The MakeWork grant is great. There are not many cities offering that much money up front for starting or continuing a project. I feel like it is an opportunity that is definitely worth looking into and working towards. I could get all the equipment I would need to shoot as many music video or promotion work as I wanted! Would have to get a day job though.

AARON ROCHE

--Just did a promotion for my friend Aaron Roche and may end up doing his CD art for his new album coming out. He is laying exciting plans for his new tour that will be laid into action after his album is released! He said that they will dive into a North American tour and maybe a European tour! Exciting! I will be graduated and free by then and maybe if I can get my stuff together can tag along to document and do film work for them on tour.

SO -- this is what I really really want to do. On a large scale. Take off with bands and do film and promotion work for them or live sessions! We will see. One door might seem open but I know that I will end up where I need to be to do the work I wanna do. Its just in my veins, pumping in my heart.

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>