Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ShadowCatcher // Week 2


This is was another long and lonely week at the empty house.
Luckily, I decided to go to my grandparents this weekend to see both sets of them.
I've never really visited them alone before, as a representative of just me.. usually always
with the rest of the gang, but it was kinda cool to see them and hang out with them.
Family is very comfortable very safe and happy.

One thing I noticed that was very pronounced was the fact that I have been living in a bubble for a very long
time. I have enjoyed the kind of Christianity that I am comfortable with and spirituality that I have always
and consistently desired. We never did Bible studies, we never recited verses or did group prayers. Religion, or
spirituality, as I prefer, was more of a personal and internal connection and worship of God. Meeting "Christian"
guys as been a big let down.

Man, I really want to be compatible with you!
You probably would be good for me!

..but its not who I am. I kind of end up looking at it with degree of distaste. If you list "The Bible" as one of your
favorite books or God as one of the most important parts and passions of your life, I think that you are protesting
a little too much. Of course God is important to you if you are spiritual, of course! the Bible is hope and wisdom
for you! For me that is a given for who I am.. I want to know more realistically what you like and who you are.. not how
pious you supposedly are haha

Revelation: the two suck-iest things in life is putting people on pedestals and taking yourself too seriously.
I think both lead to unhappiness and unsatisfaction with yourself.

DUDE so yesterday there was the most amazing sunset at the homestead
mazing.
There are so many birds in the trees around my house.. their songs are defining in the night.
I don't know if they are migrating or not.. but they were dipping and plunging in and through the light of the sunset.
It was gloriously beautiful.






ShadowCatcher working has been good, although I've already decided that I have to go to LA or NYC to do what I want to do, so ShadowCatcher is not forever.

===>>>> my current and natural habitat





rediscovering the joy of hot coffee and mint milano cookies.. as well as euro macbook pros and final cut.. Native American photography and Mexican hand bags. >

2 comments:

Jessi Jo said...

I have a secret thing against boys putting The Bible as their favorite book too...and then all the books that Ellen White had ever written. I roll my eyes at them mostly. It seems like they are shouting without even using caps. I guess it is not exactly secret anymore.

Authentic...that is what we are all yearning for. I guess it comes in different forms doesn't it.

Unknown said...

You should come to LA! Then we can hang out.

um... new looks <O> <O>