Wednesday, January 13, 2010

today.

Today was a solid day. In World Religions we started to dive into Hinduism. Its really interesting. I want to know more about it but the teacher always seems to cut his information short either joking about how crazy the religion is or withholding information so that he "doesn't lead us astray". Well, I intend to answer all my own questions with self study. I think that the most interesting thing about Hinduism, besides it being the oldest religion recorded, is that it believes that all religions are the same religion in different forms. I find that I agree with them. There are a lot of things about Hinduism that are uncannily close to what we believe. I talked to my mom the other night about how I was having a hard time reconciling God being the way to a better life when "Christians" can hurt and "the Godless" can be the kindest people I know. My mom told me that anyone who has great compassion and are able to be completely selfless, those people are following God and His character whether they subscribe to Him or not. They may not take God's name, but at least they don't take God's name in vain. I can believe that, I can listen to that.

I changed a tire today! My tire went flat and of course it brought up all these stressful stressful thoughts about having to fix an unknown evil.. but I put the spare on myself!! I felt so accomplished. I got grease on my fingers! and on my jeans and I felt like a handy woman, or something..

Went on a long run in the sunshine, it was really gorgeous. The light was long this evening and it reminds me of everyday in the northwestern winter. It made all the dead trees a light up with a golden tint.

beautiful.

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>