Monday, April 26, 2010

DAY 23 //


last night was pretty glorious.
I went to Nick Livanos' Seis de Mayo party and it felt like all those moments between the hard moments. you know, one of those moments you live for.
for once I felt totally at home. so happy without the partying or drinking, other than just drinking in the moment, memorializing the year. something to remember in your old and gray age.

I listened to some Coldplay on the way back home. the dark night sky was illuminated with stars, which was perfect Coldplay weather.

I wonder if Chris Martin is as good of a husband as he claims in his songs. He seems to know love inside and out by the things he sings, but is he really that amazing of a guy in real life?

Spring love seems to be in the air. A lot the people that I recognized without a lover were there, in force, with one. People I'd never seen them hang out with before or even seen around for that matter. Mysterious to me, how it all happens.

A couple days ago I wrote an email to a guy named Nathan Phillips.

I met him as half of a group called "Choir at Your Door", the other half being my pretty good friend, Aaron Roche. He was really nice, you know. He was soft spoken and seemed interested in more than the mundane. Choir at Your Door lyrics seem to suggest that he has a heart in presuit of God, which is a most attractive aspect of an alternative guy.

He seemed really cool. Didn't think much of it though.. knew I probably wouldn't see him ever again.
Then I get this message from Aaron, telling me that he and I should be better friends. Which also led me to getting his email.

I don't know what's meant to happen with anything. It always seems, however, that I always miss windows of oppurtunity.

Looking up at the moon in the Seis de Mayo sky, I could help but think that this is the type of evening that should be shared with Nathan Phillips type people.

Taking another look at the people and faces gathered round, I wondered how many people push it, rush it. I want to wait for my best friend. and that will have to be person of certain sort. a sort not even probably of my expectations.

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>