Friday, April 2, 2010

.:. scientific experiment .:.

everybody wants to proof for what they believe. On April One, I wanted to start an experiment to document my ups and downs in the journey for love and finding true love. Suddenly, I realized that there was something much deeper and more meaningful that I should be thinking about. That there was something much more basic and important I should journey to find.

my experiment is thirty days of total reliance on God.
the thirty last days leading up to graduation. which will be the most stressful and deciding days of my life so far. Who and what could be a more valuable investment?


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HYPOTHESIS::
God is real and relevant in my life.
He is not a myth or a fairy tale. God is so beyond
us that, as a mortal human, it is impossibly hard to see Him.
But he says to have faith in His promises. To kill the self to live freely. To trust in His power and control and not your own desires.


METHOD::

for 30 days I will give everything over to God and talk to Him daily.
I will abandon all the shallow desires of my heart -- completely
I will look for specific blessings and document them.
I will study what the method is for living in the Spirit of God and try to do it 100% to my best ability.
I will try to eliminate all variables that could effect the outcome of the experiment.


CONCLUSION::
evidence to support the awesome power of a relevant God OR... nothing could happen and God could won't reveal Himself to me at all.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You can be the judge.. by the words I write daily and the specific documentation that I will provide. Lets see if there is any solid and provable worth in God's promises and our trust in Him.

Many people are skeptics, but how many people actually leap in and try it 100%?
Don't knock it before you try it, right? And not half-heartedly but with every ounce within me.

I'm not talking about what the church has to say about God.
Not what most Christians themselves have to say about God.
But what the Spirit of God has to say for himself through experiencing it


I am a liberal, filmmaker and artist who has a desire for more than the world, but I am a discerning reason based individual.
All the words I will write will be honest assessments of what I have experienced.

No more and no less.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Philippians 4:8

Does all that stuff have REAL value? or are they not realistic and just pretty thoughts?

Maybe I will find truth, and peace, and meaning. Maybe I will learn the ultimate freedom in Jesus Christ or maybe my faith will be shaken.

Lets find out.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

you're such a warrior.

um... new looks <O> <O>