Thursday, April 8, 2010

DAY 5 // re-creation

Zach's smoothie in a mason jar (he said I could keep it!)

Today I most definitely saw God in a friend.

He answered my deepest need at the moment I needed it most..
In fact He gave what I needed without me even asking for help, without even knowing I needed it.

I never asked for a friend but I really, really needed one this morning, then out of the blue, my friend Zach McDonald texts me and asks me how I am doing.. I hardly ever hear from him. I told him that life has been hard lately and he, no questions asked, asked (no pun intended haha) me if I would like to come over to his house and check out his newest painting.. have some tea.. and catch up.

Zach is a pretty successful artist and Southern grad. He now lives and works in Chattanooga doing art related work, with the goal of becoming a professional fine artist. [Reposta Productions]

Although slightly scattered, as most artists tend to be, he has a heart of gold. He showed me around his new studio space, showed me his new pieces, talked with me, gave me a smoothie, and just.. showed me love. filled my cup.

I know he is what my heart needed desperately. He is living proof that people can reach out and it does make a profound difference in someone's life, even in the most simple things.

he was yet another messenger..
Man, score another point for the God side.



No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>