Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DAY 10 and 11


Sorry, my best beloved, that I haven't written recently.
That is because I have been very happy : )

STEP ONE

But we are living to strive not to stagnate, so I have put another idea into practice.

more love more of the time.

loving the 'least of these', I think, used to refer to the persecuted, the shunned, that people who faced the prejudice of the majority, but here in America freedom abounds and everyone has the right to make their way and prosper in the best that we can.

For me the least of these is those that you forget about, that fall through the cracks, that you take for granted. These are the hard people to love because they will always be there or they are not prevalent and are easily overlooked. I am challenging myself to love the least of these in my life. The people that I often take for granted.

because they are the people that are tremendous, tremendous blessings.

And in that case I am challenged also to love myself. Loving myself right where I am at so that I filled with more to give others.

SO lets test it. This week I will pay CLOSE attention to those around me and their needs. Lets what happens when I fill them..

STEP TWO

loving myself.

loving myself today means...
GOOD EXERCISE and GOOD FOOD


last night I got experimental with my cooking.
simple but delicious.
it involved potatoes.

I bought a bag full of baby red potatoes at bi-lo hoping that I could make various meals from them. I cooked them in the oven the night before and last night I decided to get a little experimental.

I have NEVER been good in the kitchen and generally dreaded finding something I could like eating, but after cooking for myself for a year, its more of an adventure for flavor rather than a burden.

Here was my three course meal.

Hint of Lime corn chips with shredded white sharp cheddar and feta cheese, melted in the microwave for about 40 seconds with medium salsa on the side.

Brussel sprouts lightly boiled and then sauted with onions, garlic, olive oil, basalmic vinegar, white wine vinegar, paprika, salt, pepper, and pesto sauce, till slightly burnt. Set aside on a low burner.

Boiled potatoes for about 3o min and then added two boiled eggs for a remaining 1o min. Took the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, onions, and feta and put them in a smaller frying pan until I got a saucy substance.. once potatoes were done, mashed them and then added the sauce. Stirred until whipped.

Pulled out and shelled the eggs. Cut in half length-wise and replaced yoke for a spoonful of whipped potato. Added brussel sprouts on top.

Lastly, I took the seasoned frying pan from the brussel sprouts and fried four pieces of turkey bacon and added as a garnish. Volia! AMAZING.

Then for the last course of drink/desert I mixed some Canadian Dry Ginger Ale with the same amount of malt wildberry and orange juice. Added some Haagen Daz raspberry sorbet and let melt and bubble slightly. Add a strawberry on the rim... mmmmm.... ahhhhh

so good. and so filling even though all I ate was a small 4-inch plate.




EXERCISE
dayily = cardio
&&
45 sit ups
10 girly push ups

its a start okay!
don't hate!
I think I may have already lost some weight

you be the judge.


No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>