Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DAY 17 //


Today it is raining. This is good for me, allergy inflicted child. the Tennessee valley is so green and lush.

Today I went on Craig's List to find a road bike..
My Craig's List success story is my Marmot backpacking tent which I purchased for $100 dollars from a legit and really cool guy.. but something tells me that getting such an expensive bicycle in Chattanooga might be a dumb thing to do.




But they look so tantalizing // and running is bad for my knees of complex issues. being a woman basically sucks for sports because of our hips naturally turning our knees inward on themselves. gosh! and gross!

I can picture myself biking around L.A. in a fancy Cannondale, but I might have to wait until my first paycheck.. and who know where that is going to come from! and do I go to L.A.? Do I want to be there?



but as a good 7th Day Adventist, Ellen White teaches me that "Our bodies were designed for action, hence regular exercise is important to maintain good health (Ed 207)".. oh man! but she also said that pepper and mustard is harmful for your digestion..

///Pepper and Mustard

Mrs. White was opposed to the use of spices, particularly spicy peppers:

"Mustard, pepper, spices, pickles, and other things of a like character, irritate the stomach and make the blood feverish and impure."32
Modern scientific research has shown that these spices are not as harmful as once supposed:
  • Cayenne pepper - a natural pain killer triggers the release of endorphins, the body's "feel-good" chemicals. It regulates blood flow, strengthening the heart, arteries, capillaries and nerves. It is used by natural health care providers to treat a variety of ailments.
  • Black pepper - Considered the foremost detoxifier and anti-aging herb in Asia. Increases the release of carcinogens thru the Liver, thereby reducing cancer likelihood. Increases circulation and lowers blood pressure. Protects against liver damage. Is an antioxidant.
  • Mustard - Has been used by natural health care providers to treat fevers, colds, and influenza.

So health is relative..
So maybe if I exercise too much it will end up being bad for me? Consideration in treking cross enormous towns by bicycle. but Ellen White also hates bicycles..

"In July 1894 Ellen White sent a letter to the denomination's headquarters church in Battle Creek, Michigan, in which she condemned the purchase and riding of bicycles."

"In 1894 the modern bicycle was just beginning to be manifactured, and a fad quickly developed to acquire bicycles, not for the purpose of economical transportation, but simply to be in style, to enter bicycle races, and to parade around town on them."

from

Reading Ellen White:

how to understand and apply her writings

By George R. Knight

a "species of idolatry" as she would say..
Well maybe having a fancy bicycle is a species of idolatry. haha. but its off Craig's List.. so how fancy could it really be..? and its not 1894 anymore, as I chomp on a griller with mustard and pepper on it..

its not what you believe but why you believe it. for me my heart sees Mr. Cannondale as nothing but an exercise in the freedom to roam (no pun intended.)





TSURURADIO Proudly Re-Presents…
Bicycle, Bicycle, Bicycle, I Want To Ride My Bicycle Mixtape!!!

(Full Zip)

01 Queen – Bicycle Race
02 The Bicycles – B-B-Bicycles
03 Helvetia – Old New Bicycle
04 Saloon – Bicycle Theves
05 They Might Be Giants – Dirt Bike
06 Peter And The Wolf – The Bike of Jonas
07 Hauschka – Blue Bicycle
08 The Love Of Kevin aka the LK – Tandem Bikes
09 Luis Bacalov – Bicycle
10 Pink Floyd – Bike
11 Dukes of Stratosphear – Bike Ride to the Moon
12 Ether Frolics – Bike Ride
13 Grandaddy – Rode My Bike to My Stepsister’s Wedding
14 Paulette – The Bike
15 Lebanon – Bicycle
16 Clare Moore – Town Bikes Song
17 Butterglory – Bike
18 Red Hot Chili Peppers – Bicycle Song
19 Tonepoem – The Bicycle Thief
20 World Atlas – Girl on a Boys Bike
21 Blur – Daisy Bell (A Bicycle Made For Two)
22 Lisa Germano – Riding My Bike

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>