Friday, April 23, 2010

day 20 cont. //

I sit under the front stairs of my house, the rain is lightly pattering on the tin of the stoop.
I am eating leftover angel hair spaghetti and homemade meat balls. I am totally alone. Beau and Jodi went to North Carolina this weekend. And I am happier than I have been all four years of my college experience. : )
ahhhhh...
20 days in, guys, and the one thing I have truly realized is the most profound, yet subtle, (just noticed it) change that has really come about from throwing all my burdens, things I was carrying around because I though I needed them to stay a relevant artist or to not be a weirdo, on God. I HAVE NOT REGRETTED one day or missed out on ANYTHING I really cared about. God has blessed me to not be torn apart by it anymore. I have somehow, not just realized, but lived the radicalness that comes with God. Really alternative-ness and radical thinking. Challenging life to be anything but mundane.

The biggest thing that I have learn actually came from Tim Cofield. His profound words echo in my ears. YOU JUST CARE TOO MUCH. That was all I needed. Here I though I came to say something to him that might bless his life, but God turns it around and humbles me. haunting.

YOU CARE TOO MUCH.
YES!

I think caring and compassion is good, but not when I come to second guessing who you are. You cannot let people toss you carelessly like the sea because you care about what the think.. because you want them to like you.

Jesus wanted people to HATE Him. if it was for the right reasons.

Not Peace but Division

Luke 12

49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Crazy right?

but He said it.

He was the most radical of the radical. He wanted people to love Him for everything He stood for and He would rather have people be angry and pissed if they didn't.

He was so grounded in who He was and where He was coming from that all He needed was the truth.

He cared little about Himself and cared deeply about the big picture.

about love
justice
life 
hope
joy


so THAT is what has been making me free.
to care. because that is good.
but about the right things.
not to dish what people will like, but to be true to myself.

because people can feeling that. they can sense it.
and I can guarantee that not everyone will like you for it.
but they will respect you for it

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>