Monday, April 19, 2010

DAY 16 //



oh la
life in the embers.

I guess its really true that people come and go.
I really appreciate those that decide to come though.

On day sixteen have nothing important to say ha.

I went running the other day and ran more than a couple of miles I think. Its amazing how hard something is when you first start it. How impossible it seems until you finally get to the downhill side, then running is easy. You can start running further and further and not get tired. Before you might have been panting and getting side stitches after one block, but now you can run and run and run and it feels good.

Maybe that is a giant metaphor for life?

Well whatever it is, I learned something, that you write your own life. It doesn't matter what happens to you and what circumstances you might face, because others have faced worse and many have faced less, its those experiences that reveal who you truly always were. Your reaction to them. And you decide who you are and what you want to be. You get to write it. No one can control you and circumstances can't dictate you. With one addendum, experience. Somethings you end up learning the hard way. dang. I love it though! that leaves life with the hope of tomorrow. Never to be repeated.

Hanging out in Chattanooga give you a sense of community, but I love just taking jaunts alone. Being me is fun. I like who I am, you know. I like standing up and saying! this is who I am! love it or leave it.

->red lipstick
->crazy thrift store dresses
->40's hair
->sometimes hairy legs haha
->ideally I would have a road bike
->Jamaican stylz purse
->black chacos
->bruises from adventures and all
->laughing at everything
->finally not afraid to be alone
->stubborn and staunch//sometimes deathly care, concern, thought
->random outbursts of singing
->learning everything and anything
->blaring either rockn'roll or classical tunes from my car
->a love of the spirit of God and its mysteries!! so exciting

even I can approve. haha

I saw the film "White Ribbon"
I really liked it!! it was awesome.
I'm not sure how to explain it. basically, I feel like the point was. You reap what you sow.. all the children in the village become as their parents show and not what they say, and the parents are revealed to be rotten.. it ends unsatisfying, which I like.d alot forcing you to fill in the blanks and decide what you think happened. tantalizing!!

the lighting was amazing! the eeriness of the early years right before World War I was totally translated on to celluloid. The figures where almost phosphorescent traces in the dark and dank rooms.. and then other times he let it totally over expose.. which felt appropriate for the happy and joyous times during the film. It was haunting..



Last night I made the best hamburger in the world. seriously the best.
you have to let me make you one.

it had this amazing garlic, butter, sour cream, cream cheese, feta cheese sauce on it!!
I grilled a hamburger with salt and pepper..
then I topped the burger with the sauce and avocado, fresh cilantro, and spinach..
The rest of the sauce went on my salad as a dressing as well.

the most taste-gasimic thing that I have ever put in my mouth..
seriously. ahhhhhhhh

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>