Thursday, April 15, 2010

DAY 12 // action!



Today I went running.
Finally I decided to be a smart individual and put on sunscreen, whereas in the past, apparently, I thought it would be fun to fry. Actually I have a high tolerance for sun because I naturally have quite a bit of pigment but I've had some close shaves. Smelling the distinct smell of the sun lotion though made me long to get out of flat TN and go on a road trip, or a backpack trip, or the beach.. anything I associated with the sweet smell of sun lotion.

My summer thrill continued with a little bit of Bob Marley.
You know you barely ever think of it while you are listening, and even though the lyrics are very positive you never really think of the reasons, but Bob Marley, as a Rastafari, layers his songs with themes of love and God. the ideas are true & even better honest. Encouraging. There is love out there that is good enough for others to fight for, to sing war songs for..
"Could You Be Loved?" really spoke to me because he seems to be pleading with a girl to hold out for real love, asking her, "Could you be loved?" not just adored and lusted after but truly loved? The answer is a resounding YES.

Could you be loved? and be loved //


Love would never leave us alone,

A-yin the darkness there must come out to light.


Don't let them change ya, oh! -

Or even rearrange ya! Oh, no!


......


Could you be loved and be loved?

Could you be loved, wo now! - and be loved?


(You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry;

No matter how you treat him, the man will never be satisfied.)




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



We don't really tremble at awe at anything bigger than us anymore.
In America we are it. We are the top dog. Top of the heap.

And you know, I think that we have lost the wonder of a God who is mysterious. Somehow America got so caught up in logic and reason and explaining everything, that we sucked the magic right out of it.. like knowing how your favorite movie is made. What we forget is that science and logic breakdown too. No one gets quantum mechanics.. yet the mathematics work. Paradoxes aren't logical, yet they exist.. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah vhavlhalkdshgfklfjldkjfkld;afjsdls preaching to the choir I guess.. anyways, my point ---->

Maybe wonder and mystery aren't necessary to live but are necessary to make life ALIVE. Don't let being a jaded American stop you from finding out!

STEP THREE
a confession:
I am probably the worst housemate in the world.
I make messes and don't have time to clean them. I added to messes further when I finally get home and throw my stuff around.
This week, Jodi, my dear housemate is my "least of these" because I totally take her for granted. I take for granted the clean kitchen she always leaves me and her never ending patience with the mess I make. I take for granted that she cleans the bathroom and has to field calls from the landlord when I forget to put rent in the box. AGAIN.
this week I promised to pay ATTENTION to my actions. and make sure to be an equal as she treats me. little steps me friends, hopefully it makes a difference.

No comments:

um... new looks <O> <O>